It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Let's Go, Mets.

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2006/08/28/320x240/images_sizedimage_240093045.jpg


This is it. 161 games. 6 months. Countless hours. All when we should have known it would come down to one final Sunday. If the Mets could go on a one or two game winning streak right now, who knows what could happen? They have beat the Cubs (well 2 out of 4). They have handled the Phillies (11-7). They can beat the Dodgers (4-3).

Can Ollie, pitching for pride, reputation, and contract shake off the butterflies in his head and dominate? Will the offense set their clock and get up in time for the game? Will the pen say "enough is enough, we've sucked for too long" and make a final statement?

The most frustrating team I can remember can rewrite a lot of the season history as they pack up the paper mache apple and raffle off the rat-chewed lockers. The one admirable quality they have is resiliency, so let's get resilient on their asses!! So grab your bottle of Maalox and root these bastards on!

LEts GO MeTS!!!!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger katherine said…

    All my good intentions of being a supportive fan have gone out the window.
    I am a baby, I guess, and a bad fan. I just got so mad in the 5th inning I thought I was going to have a stroke. So I am not watching.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger katherine said…

    Wax Heaven, please. Go away and leave us to suffer in peace. I promise never to go to a Marlins blog and gloat.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Katherine, the chances of one of the Marlins' 15 fans starting a blog are slim to none, but I agree with your sentiment.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    nah we don't need that shit from a fan of a pseudo team full of little men who some how manage to be sore winners and sore losers at the same time.

    The mets couldn't get it done on any level this year, but we'll have plenty of time for lamentations and recriminations later, most likely as they retain exactly the same personnel and make the exact same mistakes.

    One never knows how long the post-choke phase of emotional devastation will last, but I hope to be back up and posting in a day or so. Thanks to the 2006 and 2007 Mets for preparing me to deal with this.

    Till then, I want to thank everyone for reading and especially commenting. I really do appreciate it.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger katherine said…

    Don't go away - keep posting, OK? Hang in there. Think happy thoughts - at least Obama is ahead in the polls.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Wax Heaven said…

    Since you love to talk about Scott Olsen, where is your blog about that piece of shit who killed two women?

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    oh, I'll get to him...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.