It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Saturday, August 22, 2009

What Would You Write About This Team?

This is the longest I've gone without posting, perhaps since I started this blog in 2005. The problem: I can only bear to watch a few innings at a time, which doesn't allow me to come up with good lines about Corey Sullivan. It's harder to joke when the team is a complete joke.

Think you can do better?

Send me (itsmetsforme@gmail.com) your best NY Mets related post (2-3 paragraphs, anything remotely related to the Mets, pictures OK) and you may see your name up in lights. Or down in darkness. I will wait a certain period of time and then pick the most amusing, edifying, terrifying post I get. Did I mention, the winner gets to see their post in this space? Hell, if it's really good, I might give you this blog!

Sounds too good to be true, huh. The catch? There is only one rule. Entrants must write about the Mets but cannot use the following words: loser, moronic, lethargic, suck, lazy, incompetent, doomed, bozos, bonehead, failure, FAIL, catastrophe, fired, idiot, hapless, listless, shitstick, WTF, or Swoboda.

Good Luck!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous James K. said…

    Damn. I had a post all prepared about that shitstick Ron Swoboda.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous jdon said…

    So, IMFM, you have finally given up. Good for you, hot on the trail of Fred Wilpon's declaration that Omar is coming back next year. I have been watching this team for 48 years but I have never been so disgusted. All Omar has shown us is that he cannot win and they are comfortable with it. Of course, he was such a great success with the Expos there was no reason not to hire him in the first place. Joel Scherman commented that they are either too cheap to replace him or do not trust in their ability to pick a replacement. So is Omar here forever, then? I am going on hiatus. I am so sick of these Wilpons and their obsession with mediocrity. They have mediocre minds and mediocre expectations. If they do not know how to pick a winner, then what are they doing here? Well, I am not a mediocre fan. I choose not to watch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.