It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Who are you and what have you done with my team?

"All the Met wins on the road against Los Angeles this year have come at Dodger stadium."
--Ralph Kiner

A crappy photo essay












These days, the Dodgers look to history to find some heroes.





















It was just this kind of day for Dodgers fans.























Has anyone seen Angel Pagan?

















He's ok!
















The perfect day?















Having the park all to myself by the 7th.
















The smug fat bastard that ruined Maine's party.
















The Jacket pays a visit.
















A Mets pitcher goes 8 and then some? Who was that guy?

















What is this strange ritual?
















I wasn't as blue today as I was the last two nights.



BallHype: hype it up!

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr. IMFM - Good for You! All 3 games and you finally got a win! Now you know how Pelfrey felt last year (although it took him longer). Anyway, you've seen 3 times as many Met games this week than I've seen since 05. Sounds like you had some fun. Nice game today, which I addressed briefly in your previous comments section.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger springsandra said…

    I'm so glad you were there today! I thought of you when I was periodically checking the score. Great photo blog! :)

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    After 4 straight losses for me at Dodgers stadium dating back to the first series of 2007, today was a cathartic experience even if not a close contest. the local fans were sedate and making wry comments about their team instead of the other way around. and everything, i mean everything (tim mccarverism), went the mets way. Pagan and Maine showed some grit and no one threw a ball into center field. Not enough to make me optimistic about the rest of the season, but enough hope to get me through the night.

    sidenote: I got there a bit late and was still getting my bearings when Angel nearly broke his wings. For five minutes I thought it was Old man Alou who dove into his grave over the railing. I was certain we lost him again. Then later I didn't realize Endy replaced Pagan! My eyes are going along with my brain.

    Bring on the reds!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    oh and hi guys! (lost my first post that said that)

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Jaap said…

    What's this? A blogger inserting personal experiences, actually attending games, photo-shooting the most enchanting Met victory of the season?? Where is Buzz when you need him??!
    Lucky Dog though - would like to see a Mets game again. If the NFL can do it why can't the bloody MLB bring baseball to the UK? Look, we've even got all the cricket pitches ready for play. Well done, anyway...

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Archie, you are in the UK, eh? Cool - you're on my side of the pond. But at least we can watch the games on MLB.TV. Aren't you gonna make it back to Shea to say Shea-bye?

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Such terrible photos. Who is this guy?

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Jaap said…

    cver - same side? are you in uk or the continent? well, you can also watch games on NASN or on Channel 5 a few nights a week albeit, rarely the Mets. Going back to Shea this season - I'm hoping but I'm thinking of making it dangerous and saying I will only go to Shea again for the post-season. who knows though....being back in the city would be great...

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    hmm. this raises an interesting thought question. If the mets came to UK to play cricket, would Jorge Sosa still get pounded? Are there double switches in cricket?

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr. Bunker, I am in an undisclosed Bunker in Europe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.