It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Top 10 Reasons Feliciano Was Late to Opening Day

Ah well, I was going to do that list, but that would be tasteless even for me, particularly without knowing what "family issues" Pedro was dealing with in Puerto Rico. One was going to be "Rick Astley killed his brother," if you must know.


Whatever you do this morning, don't read this.

For the love of pete, don't look here.

You just don't wanna go here.

And don't look here to see Shownblow's reactions to crowd reactions to him sucking.

"I'm not upset by it," Schoeneweis said of the crowd's reaction. "I'm used to it. It's just commonplace..."I know what my effort level is. I know what I did before I came here, I know what I do away from here and I know what I do most of the time when I'm here. It would be really hard to find someone to put out as much effort, or try, or work as hard as I do. That's all I can keep doing."

What ever does he do while he's away from "here"?

***
Bill Buckner prayed a little, then decided to accept the Red Sawx invitation to throw out the first pitch on home-opener day to celebrate the Sawx championship. Along these lines, when oh when will the Mets be able to have Timo Perez throw out the first pitch?


BallHype: hype it up!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When oh when indeed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.