It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Off Day Time Waster

Here's the inaugural "Off day time waster" post of the 2008 season. Let's get down to it, irrationally exuberant frenzy-style.

Three things I'm looking forward to:

1. Johan's first punch out.

2. Beating the Br*ves' Old Timer.
A lot of people are calling him Mr. Not-Devastated. I've called him many names. But henceforth, he shall be known by me as 0.1 (as in 0.1 innings, 5 H, 7 ER, 2 BB).

3. John Maine's progress:
I don't think it can be said any better than this.



***
Ever wonder what it's like to catch a major league knuckleball? Jim Caple, charisma black hole, has, and ESPN has produced a video of him dicking around with R.A. Dickey. The video's a bit boring, but if you're looking for a mid-career change, this might be it. It's all about the fingernails.



BallHype: hype it up!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sir IMFM,

    Based on the aged lineup and depth of pitching (this team is thinner than a single ply roll of TP fron Cosco), I have major concerns going into this season. Frail is an understatement. I have actually started to rationalize signing the allegedly colluded against roider from my neck of the woods in order to sure up a questionable lineup. Innocent until prove...oh, forget it, I can't even finish typing it!

    Day of banishment 107 (just guessing) from Cerroneland!

    YB

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    if they can line up Alou's convalescence with Barry's prison sentence, I'm all for it!

    the line up is a bit thinner than planned. But they do have pitching and defense, which i'm told wins something or other. Of course Duaner Sanchez is a pipe dream at this point. There is room for pessimism.

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    IMFM and YB chit-chatting in the same thread. It's like I died and gone somewhere.... not heaven, but I'm def. dead and haunting you both.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cantstandya! I always read IMFMs musings and since I received a lifetime ban from the cult hero Cerrone, I occasionally toss around a thought in here.

    IMFM reminds me of Dave Barry on acid. And his views are so much more poignant than Matt Cerrone's final 4 picks.

    My alcohol inspired late night views were just too much for the new age Met blogosphere. Se la vi!

    All in all, the blog world in general, and Metsblogs specifically have really damaged the productivity of telemarketers and students with C averages everywhere!

    YB

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    that's for sure--i'll never graduate at this pace.
    Dave Barry on acid, huh? Another contender for the slogan I put on the IMFM cardigans, beer cozies and license plate holders I am designing. Look for them in 2012!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.