It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mets Slay Giants

We had Gary Carter and Wally Backman, how could they like us?"
--Keith Hernandez explaining to Gary Cohen why the 1986 Mets were hated by the rest of the league


DAY TWO OF THE JOSE REYES HAIRCUT HOLDOUT: It was a nice clean get away, or at least a victory for the Mets tonight. I'm not going to say that Armando Beneitez has repaid his karmic debt to the Mets, but it is a start. Aided by the rightfield sun and and old friend's meltdown, John Maine and his team of Chris Woodwards wriggled out of an L.

Mex was in rare form, citing Cervantes, coming out strongly against the dugout step dance, reinforcing his philosophy that all pitchers should go 9th innings at the least, and oh letting slip his low regard for fans and their votes. "I'm not gonna lie to you" he said, but it being voted into the Rawlings award by the fans, not his peers is a significantly degraded honor.

Among the good signs, Delgadone! it, with a HR and a couple of ribbies. Paul Lo Duca has a growth on his arm that he should get a doctor to look at. And that growth is called a canon! And the Mets dodged a canonball when Gotay hung Reyes out to dry and Jose landed awkwardly, nearly screwing up his knee.

A day off and then the Mets take a quaff of the Brew Crew and the evil nemisis Jeff Suppan. I hope you spend your off day like me, waiting for Alyssa Milano to respond to my overtures.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys seen the game, unbelievable, Mets is my best team in the MLB. I wish I could go to watch all their games but ticket prices this season are getting very pricy. Brokers made the game hard to attend. Well talking about Brokers. I found a new web site where you can compare New York Mets ticket brokers, the site is
    http://www.ticketwood.com/mlb/NewYork-Mets-Tickets/index.php. Well I hope this will be helpful for you guys. Go Go Mets. Keep me updated Great blog!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.