It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Friday, April 27, 2007

An Explanation



scene: 30 or so years ago, Niagara Falls , NY...Tour groups gather near the railing to marvel at the awesome of display of hydropower, mist fills the air, children run screaming and parents enjoy the spectacle. A little boy leans dangerously over the railing trying to get a better look.

Willie Randolph (younger, but kind of daft): Wow, it's so beautiful! I wonder what it'd be like to go over in a barrel?

An older man, noticing the boy's behavior, yells out to the boy, scolding.

Julio Franco (in his mid-40s): Hey kid, what are you doing leaning over the railing? Be careful! You could fall!

Young Willie: sees a buterfly and tries to play with it, falling over the protective rail in the process. Don't worry mister...ohh it's so pretty...AAaaaaaghhh, I'm falling!

Franco dives and catches the boy by his underpants, hauling him back up to safety.

Young Willie: Thanks mister, you saved my life. How can I ever repay you? You want my Yankee cap?

Julio: haha. Well that's ok, there's nothing you can do for me right now youngman, but someday...someday I might call upon you for a favor...

Willie: Anything, mister, anything.

Julio: chuckling. haha well you run along then son. And be careful.

Willie: Ok mister. Gosh, I'll never forget what you done for me today.

end scene.


would this or would this not cool look airbrushed onto the side of your van? it would.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.