It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Friday, March 23, 2007

What'd he say? David Wright... or Rickey?

Editor's Note: Although they never actually voted even one goddamn time, fans really loved the feature "What'd he say?" featuring Rick Peterson. So back by popular demand...

This Spring, the Mets are lucky to have two potential Hall of Fame, team first, selfless-almost-to-a-fault, reverential to the game, born leaders in camp. These two players skills on the diamond are equaled only by the power of their leadership philosophy and depth of their dedication to the team concept.

Can you tell who's saying what?



*"I want to do everything above average."

*“I think playing cards gave me the opportunity to relax in the game.”

*"There's a fine line between cocky and confident. ... There's so much failing in baseball, you never feel like you're good enough."

* "I've been cheated all my life. They always said this [present] is for both days. Now, I tell them, 'There has to be two. Give me one shoe in one box and the other in another.'" [on being born on Christmas]

*"There are so many players out there who are better than me talent-wise, but I like to think I'll outwork all of them."
*"I like playing for Oakland, they have a very colorful uniform”
* "The first time I dove into the stands for a foul ball, that made me feel like I could go out and play the game the right way."
*“Lou Brock was a great base stealer but today I am the greatest.”
*“I’m very modest. I know that baseball is a very humbling game.”
*"He can steal as many bases as he wants to. The question is whether he wants to.”
*“I just want to taste what it’s like to win in New York.”

Quotes taken from here, here, and here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tooo Funny. Go Rickey!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.