It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Keys to Game 3

Keys to the Game

I am trying to avoid thinking about what transpired last night. Macho middlemen, muddled manangement, crocky closers, botched batting. I hates when failures in key situations and errors lead to the loss of winnable games. Ugh, I'm not ready to go back to the mid early 2000s just yet. I need something to distract me from the realization that this House of Cards isn't just going to blow over...

Listening to TIMMY McCarver last night or the other night or whatever (your humble blogger's memory is overcome by last night's painful events) reiterating those idiotic "analytic" pre-game keys (things like "keep X off the basepaths" or "score more runs than the other guys") made me realize, hey, I can do that.

Key #1: Bean Eckstein--I'm sick of this little shit running down to first base. It's just annoying, not so much to the players he's trying to aggravate, but to me, the fan. I say if yer gonna put him on there, make it difficult for him to FIND first base, if you know what I'm saying. Should the pitchers fail to hit him, and still walk him, I believe beaning him on the way to first should be strongly considered. I don't know if this will help the Mets win, but it'll make me feel better.

Key #2: Mets must win the game--I really need them to win tonight. For whatever reason (maybe cause the Mets are the favorites for the first time in a long time), I am not enjoying these tense, close contests. I need the Orange and Blue to blow the doors off the sucka tonight. Preferably in the first inning. Last night was promising, with Reyes' bat waking up, and Delgado's MVP trophy taking another step towards getting engraved (bad writing alert). But I need more. The Mets should try very hard to win this game, or else I'll be in a world of pain, and from my perspective, that's unacceptable.

Key #3: Play dirty. Hit the ball in the air to Rolen's bad shoulder side. Keep doing it. Upon being inserted in the game last night, Rolen looked like he was a man on a mission and it scares me a little that the Cards' aging superstars are starting to come around. Hit King Albert where he holds his scepter. The Mets blew an opportunity to dim the lights at Shea--LaRussa wears shades and ya can't be a genius manager when ya can't see, right? They must began the psy ops immediately.

Let's Go Mets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.