It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Friday, December 02, 2005

New Content! The Bill Singer Interview

Boy, being a blog owner is tough business, especially dealing with the "talent." Well with the possibility of Anna Benson's departure from my stable of contributors, I have had to start collecting resumes--how to fill Anna's, uh, shoes? Luckily, I got one from a talented fellow looking for work. So without further ado, I introduce my new columnist, former two-time 20-game winner and Mets talent evaluator, Bill Singer!!

This week, Bill interviews new Met acquisition, Carlos Delgado.

Singer: "What are you doing here?"

Delgado: "I'm working."

Singer: "What are you doing here?"

Delgado: "I'm working. I'm the NY Mets new first baseman."

Singer: "Where are you from?"

Delgado: "I was born in Puerto Rico. "

Singer: (Nonsensically mocks Spanish) "What country in Puerto Rico?"

Delgado: Uh, Bill, Puerto Rico is part of the United States. My hometown is Aguadilla.

Singer: Uh, could you pass me that plate of bacon, I don't feel so hot.

Delgado: Um, sure Bill. Say I really have to run. Listen, I know a guy who I think you'd get along with great. This is my agent, David, and I think you too have a lot in common. I think he's also on a low-carbohydrate diet, and I'm pretty sure he is drunk. Good to meet you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.