It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Friday, December 02, 2005

Letter from the desk of Omar...

Reading Jane McManus' column in the Journal News gives one new insights into the Mets policy of emailing the fanbase with breaking news. What I love is that Metsfans actually emailed him back, responding to what a normal person might take as a batch mail! You crazy sonsab*tches! Of course, some take the opportunity to influence Sterling policy with their own letters to Omar.

All this talk of reminded me of the strange email I got from Omar after he assumed control of the Mets, asking for my continued support.

I dug it out to share with my reader(s):

Hello dear,
I am Mr Omar Minaya, the confidant of late head of state Federal Republic of the Dominican, I got your e-mail from that time you used a credit card to buy the Dave Magadan jersey. Following the sudden death of my previous General manager the late Duke of Flushing in 2004, I have been thrown into a state of utter confusion, frustrationand hopelessness by the present civilian administration, I have been subjected to physical and psychological torture bythe security agents in the country.As a new GM that is so traumatized,I have lostconfidence with anybody within the country. You musthave heard over the media reports and the internet on the recovery of various huge sums of moneydeposited by General Wilpon in different security firms abroad, some other baseball companies willingly give up their secrets anddisclosed our money confidently lodged there and many outrightly blackmail us.In fact the total sum discovered by the Wilpon Government so far is in the tuneof $110, maybe $120 million dollars. And they are not relentingto make me poorfor life.You may be surprise how I got to know but I will tell you when you reply. I repose great confidence in you hence my approach to you. Due to security network placed on my day today affairs I cannot afford to visit the embassy so that is why I decided to contact you and I hope you will not betray my confidence in you.I have deposited the sum of U.S 40.3 million dollars with a Mr. Vaughn's security firm abroad whose first name is witheld for now until we open communication.I shall be grateful if you could receive this fund into your account for safe keeping.This arrangementis known to you and my Attorney alone, so myAttorney will deal directly with you as security is up my whole being... Please honesty is the watch word in this transaction.I will like you to provide me immediately the following information.1. FULL NAMES :2. CONTACT ADDRESS :3. TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS :4. METSFAN CLUB NUMBER : so that we can commence communication immediately. I will greatly appreciate if you accept my proposal ingood faith and reply to me.

Please expidite action. Sincerely yours, Omar.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONFIDENTIAL

    Dear Omar,
    Please e inform that you have a hot potato in your hands.

    There is only two ways to fix the Mets Mess. Either you trade Jose, David Wright among others or fyire Willie. Please be advised that if no action is taken , you will eventually get canned and blamed for everything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.