Happy Bay Day, Eh?
Today just seems like great day to recognize all the great things that Canada and those born there contribute to make the world a swell place. A little help appreciating Canada, from our friends over at "Canada Kicks Ass":
- Canada is home to the world's third largest food franchise--Fogen Frutz
- Canadians invented the baseball glove
- Canadians invented insulin
- the movie Titanic was written, directed and produced by a Canadian, James Cameron
- Canadians invented the kitchen stove
- More medals per capita than any other country at the Atlanta Summer Olympics
- Canadians invented cable T.V.
- more drinkable water than anywhere else in the world
The Mets organization is "Happy as Hell and They're Going to Take it Some More." What, you want to fire a guy during a losing streak? That just ain't right. Only fire guys when they're winning. That's what Omar says:
"Jerry Manuel's our manager," Minaya said. "Look, any time you're going to have a couple losing things, those things are going to pop up, but there's no discussion at all. Jerry Manuel is our manager, going to be our manager -- very happy with the job he's done." "Jerry's our manager," Minaya said. "When we signed Jerry -- for me to discuss Jerry's job status after a losing streak, it's just not right. Teams are going to have losing streaks. It's not right to discuss a manager's status. I tell you he's our manager and I see him being our manager."And, just for laughs:
"If I'm not mistaken, we're 4 1/2 half out in that range, and we have a lot of baseball left to play," Minaya said, although the Mets are actually 6 1/2 games behind the first-place Braves.