It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Take Me Out to the Citi: Fun With the Mets Guide

More on my recent (first) trip to Citifield-TARP park later.  But I thought I'd start off sharing the souvenir I collected.  Presented with the opportunity to purchase Volume 49 Issue 3 for a mere $5 (almost less than a bottle of water!), I couldn't resist! Here are some of the Mets Magazine's most exciting features.


Hmm. "Doin' Wright." What does that mean? It seems to need more information. Doin' who or what right? Do they mean a pun on "doin' all right"? Or maybe the guy with the tongue in the picture is doing right by someone. Perhaps the fans? We may have just hit the wall for innocuous David Wright-related puns.


Wow, temporary tats. Neato! But how do they work? Will they all fit in the small of my back?


Ah, I see.  Kudos for providing some instructions. Off to clean my skin.


However, shame on the Mets for perpetrating the worst, most cruel stereotypes of Metsfans here.


Ah, all is forgiven. The Rod Barajas Poster is just the stuff. When I get it back from the framing store, it will go right on the wall in the space between my high school diploma and Valerie Bertinelli cheesecake poster.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Kate said…

    I love this blog, keep it up.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous cver said…

    See, there's some love there, Mr. IMFM! That Barajas poster is awfully nice, I agree:) Call me nostalgic, but it always pains me to see folks with numbers like 21, which was Cleon's.

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    thanks a lot Kate.
    this #21 probably won't be around much longer so we should enjoy while we can.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous cver said…

    Maybe I shouldn't make light of a sad story, but I wonder if this is what will be coming next in the realm of recruitment for Omar and his merry men:

    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Baseball-players-wife-pleads-guilty-to-kidnapping-baby

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.