It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Monday, February 04, 2008

Little known Facts about Johan that you could read somewhere else

Outside of Sidd Finch, I can't think of a better pitcher to be honored with a $250 fake Mets jersey.

Little known (by me) facts about Johan Santana.

1) He is the son of Jesus. "His father, Jesus, taught him the game and Santana spent his early years using Jesus' old glove, forcing him to throw right-handed."
2) He had his own "Jacket." After a shitty 2000 season as a starter (0-3, 9.82 ERA) and reliever (2-0, 5.34), in 2002,"he opened the season in Triple-A with Edmonton. There, pitching coach Bobby Cuellar worked with him on developing his changeup." Bobby Cuellar please pick up the blue and orange courtesy phone.
3) Small countries worship him. He has become a hero in his native Venezuela. People took to the streets after he won his Cy Young in 2004, and Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez had to assign security to protect his family.
4) He is an excellent driver. Ok I am assuming he is an excellent driver here.

***

If you want to make yourself puke, click here.

BallHype: hype it up!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yeah. He's from Venezuela. THAT country! I'm sure a nice place, but now you've got me an eensy bit concerned that our quest for greatness will be at the whim of the mood swings and actions of Hugo Chavez. OK, I'll stay positive!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    hey Endy's a Chavez. You never know.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Jaap said…

    my favourite line in that place that was supposed to make me puke:

    "So I'm not going to dignify posts about what a heartless quitter Glavine is by actually responding to them."

    Sounds like he just did...

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    Jaap--nice catch--we can read between the lines, Stark, wink wink nudge nudge say no more-- i'm sorry you had to read that. But i hope it was as painful for you as it was for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.