It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Belated Bobby Valentine's Day!

I almost forgot! In honor of this past week's celebration of love!

My Bobby Valentine (with apologies to Rodgers and Hart)



My Bobby Valentine
Sweet, "Top step" Valentine
Your memory makes me smile with my heart
Your disguise was laughable
Unfortunately photographable
Yet you were so much better than Art (Howe)




Was your outfield a little weak
Was Turk Wendell fucking sheep?
When Rick Reed got taken deep
Were you smart?



But don't change Yoshii for me
Not if you Agbayani
Stay little Valentine stay
Each day is Valentine's day


Wasn’t Steve Phillips a little dick?
They should have fired that little prick
you invented the wrap sandwich
You’re so smart!




But don't leave Japan for me
Not if you care for me
Stay with Chiba Lotte Marines, stay
Each day is Valentine's day












Pictures borrowed from here and here.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.