It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Boone: Jose Reyes made me quit baseball!

ITEM: Boone credits Jose Reyes with making him give up baseball

Bret Boone decided to stop wasting everyone's time and hang up the spikes and syringes:

"I look at a young kid in this Reyes ... and this kid is running around like he's my son, just bouncing off walls and I'm looking at him," Boone recalled. "We've been standing around for four hours doing these drills that we have to do and he just caught a ball, his hat is flying off and he stared at me with that smile on his face. And that's what I remembered, you know, being a kid and he's got so much love now for this game and it's right here, it's on his sleeve. I know what he's feeling. He can't wait to go to the ballpark and go to work again and that's awesome. That's how you need to be successful in this game, you've got to have that. And when you don't have that you're wasting everybody's time." (from North Jersey.com)

While this doesn't answer the question of why Boone dyed his hair that shade, or why Mr.Koo is in camp, it does open up another interesting set of questions: what else can Jose Reyes do?

Jose Reyes made me buy a pair of Dockers.
Jose Reyes made me a margarita.
Jose Reyes made me dance.
Jose Reyes made me want to learn to luge.
Jose Reyes made me believe in rainbows.

What has Jose Reyes made you do lately?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jose Reyes made me smoke a dubie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.