Top 10 Possible Mets Jobs for Omar Minaya
Omar Minaya, only recently relieved of his duties as Mets GM after what some believe is a stunning reign of error, is back in the news. Reports are surfacing that Minaya will meet with Mets GM Sandy Alderson next year to discuss a potential new role in the organization that is still paying him as far as I know. With Alderson at least pretending to search for a spot in the Mets organization for the beleaguered ex-honcho, we have to start the speculation. Will Minaya take his talents back to Flushing, and can the organization survive such a misstep? Here are just a few possible titles Minaya might be offered, to get the conversation started.
10. assistant to the Assistant Regional Bumbler
9. Bobby Bonilla liaison
8. Citifield visiting team bullpen groundsman
7. (new) head of promotional video, ticket sales division
6. coordinator of fan zen training program
5. Mr. Met fluffer
4. Shirtless executive trainer/Saul Katz speech writer (part time)
3. Oliver Perez contract (currency to lollipops and hugs) fulfillment officer
2. Terry Collins tie selection committee/personal shopper
1. Kevin Burkhardt location scout team leader
As a loyal employee, Minaya takes the cake.
Welcome back, Omar!