It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Caption contest!!

With thanks to a poster on Metsblog, where I stole the link for this picture, I present as a public service, the "Br*ves-hating-Caption Contest." Here, three Br*ves rookies are hazed. As you can see, two of them dressed up as John Smoltz's sister, which, I have heard, is a BIG turn-on for the prince of darkness starter-turned-closer-turned-starter.

Winners will be announced. If you are reading this, there is a good chance that you will win, if you post your caption to the comments section. So, how 'bout it?--a chance to finally be a winner! Don't miss it!

9 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Birthday present for Larry Jones. Please sign at the X by the left nipple."

    "You know, when you make the league minimum, sometimes you have to work the streets to get by."

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    looks like andrew is gonna win this one going away. where is the competition? maybe i'll have to actually offer a prize next time.

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Partamian said…

    Freaking Awesome! I just found your blog. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but when I do keep up with things, I root for the Mets. My whole family lives in Flushing and I live in Atlanta. I never root for the Braves and always root for the Mets. I make sure that people know this.

    Cool blog!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I win! I win! It's like Christmas in September, but without the playoff race!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ^That was me.

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    it's more like the mets during xmas--i.e. the offseason--they always win the offseason. but its a hollow victory.
    just kidding, andrew, and thank you for your patronage.

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, someone's got to read this thing, and I just happen to be a bad, bad employee.

    It's nice reading this blog, though, because I feel like it gets written just for me, your reader. :P Kind of like my defunct webcomic.

    I enjoyed your open letters, by the way.

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger I.M. Forme said…

    whoah, slow down buddy, i can't afford the extra bandwidth--this site is growing exponentially with your every post.

    That's a good idea for my blog's new slogan: "It's Mets for Me: Feels like it was written just for you...Because it Was"

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Or just change it to "It's Mets For You. Yes, You. Andrew."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.