It's Mets For Me: Off-Beat, Tangentially Relevant Mets Ruminations

Off Base Since 2005! Mets commentary from the counter-intuitive to the unintuitive and all the intuitives in between. ** "Through the use of humor and gross inaccuracy...a certain truth can be gained." Rob Perri ** (pester me at:itsmetsforme@gmail.com or follow me @itsmetsforme on twitter)

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What is this funny feeling?

What is this puddle of good cheer doing inside my chest? Why does the TV look like it has cheesecloth on it?

The Mets have a gigantic, sweet-swinging young prospect called up and actually getting game time---and he's raking!
They are 5 games over .500 and I swear it's August.
The rotation is pitching.
The infield is infielding.
Graves, Ishii and Koo have been sent away.
All Mets centerfielders are alive.
Mets projects Seo and Heilman are (gasp) producing.
The Mets are no longer alone in the NL East basement.
Neither Cliff Floyd or Jose Reyes is on the DL.
And the other day, I coulda sworn I saw Kazoo Matsui playing second base, and handling his chances (more or less) cleanly.

Could this be...happiness?

It doesn't even bother me that Steve "the human All-Star break" Traschel is scheduled to resume his right-handed loitering, tarried tossing, and mound malaise on Friday. In fact, I can't imagine anything that could wipe this smile off of my face.

hmm--what's that you say?
Let's see here, let me take a look at the upcoming schedule...
What's happening on Sept. 5?

oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
This blog is meant completely and entirely in jest, unless you count the angst, and is not meant to offend anyone, unless you are a Br*ves fan. It's not affiliated with Sterling, the Mets, common sense, good taste, or anything really.